Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dancing with my Father Ch. 1 & 2

I was so encouraged meeting with all of you girls the other night!  It is an answer to prayer to have you all join me on this journey of joy and reading through Sally Clarkson's book, 'Dancing with my Father.'  Denise, great idea about setting up this blog as a way of encouragement to each other (and it wasn't that hard to figure out either).  I am already encouraged by you all and I'm excited to see where the Lord leads us.

I think we agreed to use this blog as a way to write a little note describing the joy we find in our days.  I think that joy was definitely found this afternoon while doing a little Easter craft with my 3 year old daughter Paisley.  We were making lambs out of her handprints and gluing cotton balls onto the lambs.  Well, a 3 year old can only do so many cards before she gets distracted and silly.  She was pulling apart the cotton balls and the fuzz from them was sticking all over her hands (this is a child who usually doesn't like to have her hands dirty).  She pretended to toss the cotton balls at me and I pretended to duck from them knowing that they were just going to stick to her hands.  Somehow, she thought it was the funniest thing and was just laughing and giggling so hard.  More than when I tickle her:)  And I thought to myself, 'now this is what makes the craft fun! Hearing her laugh like that and just being the cute silly girl she is!'  It warmed my heart!

"Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth.  Serve the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful singing.  Know that the Lord himself is God; it is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture."  Psalm 100: 1-3

3 comments:

  1. So much joy was had during our Easter celebration yesterday! Watching my two year old daughter, Reagan, search for little plastic eggs made Easter so much fun!

    It's funny how holidays are made new again with little ones around. The joy she expressed, as she filled her little basket with treasures, overflowed right into my heart. She was so filled with excitement that she even started filling her little brother's basket for him. He is only 3 months old so he can't do it himself yet.

    Just goes to show us that joy is contagious. Thank you Lord for all the joy of Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter was a time of great joy! It was awesome to see Cambria start understanding the true meaning of Easter, as she is singing in her car seat HE has risen. And then this morning first words out of her mouth "mommy i was singing to Jesus!" It brings me so much joy to see my 2 1/2 year old praising Jesus. So we spent the morning singing worship music and dancing. It brought tears to my eyes. This journey of motherhood is hard, but it is so worth it and so rewarding. thank you Jesus for my kids, what would i do without them?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a lovely Easter morning, and then our day was disrupted with the stomach flu! Despite the disruption in our day of celebrating Jesus' resurrection, I was able to find joy in the fact that we were all together! Even though it wasn't the way, I was imaging spending the day, it was still time we all had together. My husband and I even had laughter over cleaning up, over and over again the mess of our two kids from the flu :-) I am thankful that God gave me a husband, who can laugh with me during the stomach flu and that he gave me the blessing of being a mother.

    ReplyDelete